support for Prolog variables

Don Smith dsmith at cs.waikato.ac.nz
Mon Sep 7 21:31:13 AEST 1998

The "NEWS" file for Mercury release 0.7.2 says

   * We have added some support for Prolog-style variables and coroutining.

Bravo!  Do you plan to support Prolog-style variables ("real" logical
variables) wholeheartedly?  I hope so.  Does this represent a change
of direction for Mercury?   I'm curious to hear what made you support
them.  Applications like unification grammars and theorem provers?

  Don

"A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds..." (R.W. Emerson)