[mercury-users] as pattern and mostly_xxx

Fergus Henderson fjh at cs.mu.OZ.AU
Wed Oct 14 17:50:45 AEST 1998

On 14-Oct-1998, Henk Vandecasteele <Henk.Vandecasteele at cs.kuleuven.ac.be> wrote:
> Fergus Henderson wrote:
> >
> > On 13-Oct-1998, Martin Stein <ms40 at inf.tu-dresden.de> wrote:

> > > BTW Is there any support for a Mercury emacs-mode?
> >
> > Well, the `mtags' script has support for Emacs format TAGS files...
>
> There is no way I can understand the meaning of the sentence above,
> it's probably me.

`mtags' is the Mercury tags program; it produces "tags" files,
which are basically indexes for program source code which map
symbol names to their corresponding source code locations.
It's a way of getting hyper-linked source code.
Editors such as vi and emacs can use these files to
users to move the cursor from the use of a symbol to the
definition of that symbol using only a couple of keystrokes.
For example, in vi you can type control-[ to jump from a symbol
to its definition, and then control-T to return to where you were.

Does that help?