[mercury-users] Re: Question regarding determinism

Fergus Henderson fjh at cs.mu.OZ.AU
Mon Aug 31 16:12:14 AEST 1998

On 19-Aug-1998, Thomas Charles CONWAY <conway at cs.mu.OZ.AU> wrote:
> Waugh, Sam, you write:
> > [I assume that di and uo still only work for io__state.]
>
> Di and uo mean "destructive input" and "unique output" which are
> "unique -> dead" and "free -> unique" respectively. These modes
> may be used objects of any type

The current implementation still has some limitations regarding
putting unique objects inside other data structures.
So although it works for any type, it is still not nearly as
generally applicable as it could be.