[mercury-users] hi & a feq queries

Fergus Henderson fjh at cs.mu.OZ.AU
Mon Aug 24 00:23:16 AEST 1998

On 17-Aug-1998, Donald Syme <Donald.Syme at cl.cam.ac.uk> wrote:

> This is my first message to the list so please forgive me if this
> isn't quite the right place to send these queries. (Also, is
> there an archive of this list??)

Yes, this list is archived at
<ftp://turiel.cs.mu.oz.au/pub/mercury/mailing_list_archives>.

> I'm using Mercury as the target language for generating executable code from
> formal specifications in higher order logic.  Mercury is absolutely superb
> for this task - my thanks to everyone who's worked on it for doing
> such a great job.

I'm glad you like it -- thanks for all the feedback.

> I have a few queries.  None of these are holding up my work but
> I thought I'd ask anyway.  [ I'm afraid I'm using 0.7, so these may have
> been addressed in 0.7.3.  I couldn't get 0.7.3 to compile out of the
> box on my linux system, so I went with the stable 0.7... ]

Donald Syme already posted a patch for this, but I just wanted to mention
that this portability problem in the Boehm (et al) conservative garbage
collector that we use, which made it fail to compile on some Linux systems,
has been addressed in recent releases of the Boehm collector.
We have incorporated these into our latest development version of the
Mercury distribution, so hopefully this one won't be a problem for our
future releases.