[mercury-users] Type inheritance?

Peter Schachte pets at students.cs.mu.oz.au
Wed Sep 24 10:20:40 AEST 1997

On Tue, 23 Sep 1997, Fergus Henderson wrote:

> If/when we get around to doing that, I might add a new `:- subtype"
> declaration, which would be basically just syntactic sugar for
> the inst/mode declarations described above.

A `:- supertype' declaration, or better yet a syntax for mixing constructors
and type names on the right side of a type declaration, would be much easier
to use, and I think much more natural.  I guess it would be much harder for
you to implement in the manner you have in mind, though.

-Peter Schachte      URL:  http://www.cs.mu.oz.au/~pets/
pets at cs.mu.OZ.AU     PGP:  finger pets at 128.250.37.150 for key
    Do insects spend hours demammaling their programs?