[m-rev.] for review: Delete redundant information in LICENSE.
novalazy at gmail.com
Fri Feb 23 18:24:44 AEDT 2018
Refer to boehm_gc/README.md for copyright information,
to reduce duplicated information that we forget to update.
LICENSE | 39 ++++++---------------------------------
1 file changed, 6 insertions(+), 33 deletions(-)
diff --git a/LICENSE b/LICENSE
index f4a7bc400..02eb04b54 100644
@@ -17,40 +17,13 @@ if the need should arise.
The subdirectory `boehm_gc' contains a slightly modified copy of version
-7.4.2 of the conservative garbage collector distributed by Hans Boehm:
+of the Boehm-Demers-Weiser Garbage Collector. See boehm_gc/README.md for
- Copyright (c) 1988, 1989 Hans-J. Boehm, Alan J. Demers
- Copyright (c) 1991-1996 by Xerox Corporation. All rights reserved.
- Copyright (c) 1996-1999 by Silicon Graphics. All rights reserved.
- Copyright (c) 1999-2011 by Hewlett-Packard Development Company.
- The file boehm_gc/linux_threads.c is also
- Copyright (c) 1998 by Fergus Henderson. All rights reserved.
- The files boehm_gc/Makefile.am, and boehm_gc/configure.in are
- Copyright (c) 2001 by Red Hat Inc. All rights reserved.
- THIS MATERIAL IS PROVIDED AS IS, WITH ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY EXPRESSED
- OR IMPLIED. ANY USE IS AT YOUR OWN RISK.
- Permission is hereby granted to use or copy this program
- for any purpose, provided the above notices are retained on all copies.
- Permission to modify the code and to distribute modified code is granted,
- provided the above notices are retained, and a notice that the code was
- modified is included with the above copyright notice.
- A few files have other copyright holders. A few of the files needed
- to use the GNU-style build procedure come with a modified GPL license
- that appears not to significantly restrict use of the collector, though
- use of those files for a purpose other than building the collector may
- require the resulting code to be covered by the GPL.
- The atomic_ops library (libatomic_ops) contains some code that
- is covered by the GNU General Public License, but is not needed by, nor
- linked into the collector library or Mercury. It is included here only
- because the libatomic_ops distribution is included in its entirety.
+The atomic_ops library (libatomic_ops) contains some code that
+is covered by the GNU General Public License, but is not needed by, nor
+linked into the collector library or Mercury. It is included here only
+because the libatomic_ops distribution is included in its entirety.
More information about the reviews