[m-dev.] foldl2 and recursive_fold2 in dir.m have the wrong result type

Zoltan Somogyi zoltan.somogyi at runbox.com
Wed May 12 22:09:33 AEST 2021

>> So, basically what we want is NOT "the full list of files in this directory", but
>> "the full list of files in this directory whose name starts with one of this list
>> of prefixes".
>
> Yes.
>
>> That means that errors when opening files whose names do NOT start
>> with such a prefix should NOT be considered errors.
>
> I think that's correct.

Ok, so then I think only one case remains in doubt in my mind.
Can a directory contain one of the files we want if its own name does start
with one of the prefixes we are looking for? If yes, then being unable to
open such a directory could be an error, or it could not be an error
(depending on whether or not it *did* contain a file we would want
before it got deleted or developed a bad block), and we cannot distinguish
between those two cases.

Zoltan.