[m-dev.] info about a module

Zoltan Somogyi zoltan.somogyi at runbox.com
Thu Aug 12 09:48:33 AEST 2021

Now that I have deleted the "computable-from-elsewhere" fields of the
module_and_imports structure, the remaining fields can be divided into
two parts: the fields that will end up in the augmented compilation unit
(this is the parse tree of the source module, and the parse trees of the
interface and optimization files needed to generate code for it), and
the fields that say something *about* the module, such as the name of
its source file, whether it is the top module in its source file, and what errors
if any were encountered when reading it in.

I intend to divide the module_and_imports structure into these two parts,
and need a name for the second part. The best name I can come up with
is "module environment", but "environment" usually means something
completely different in compilers. My other ideas, such a "module
provenance" and "info_about_module" (not to be confused with
module_info :-) are worse.

Does anyone have any better ideas?

Zoltan.