[m-dev.] Branch for 20.01 release

Paul Bone paul at bone.id.au
Sun Jan 19 22:15:05 AEDT 2020

On Thu, Jan 09, 2020 at 06:54:01PM +1100, Julien Fischer wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I will be creating the branch for the next release tomorrow,
> based off rotd-2020-01-08 (commit dd72216) or thereabouts.

Are there known problems with i386 builds (32-bit)?

With rotd-2020-01-08 I:

 * Built the source distribution in a single grade.
 * Install that.
 * Use that installation and a cleaned source distribution directory to
   build the compiler in the "normal" set of grades.
 * It crashes during "make install" the compiler compiled in asm_fast.gc
   crashes when it's tring to generate dependencies for the standard
   library.

These steps work fine for amd64, they crash for i386.

This is running in a 32bit Linux Debian userspace running on a 64bit kernel:
I'm using debootstrap to build debian packages.

Thanks.

--
Paul Bone
http://paul.bone.id.au