[m-dev.] new failures of putback tests

Zoltan Somogyi zoltan.somogyi at runbox.com
Wed Dec 23 01:19:19 AEDT 2020

In late november, the disk in my iMac went bad. I got it replaced and restored
my files from the TimeMachine backup, but the new disk came with MacOS 11 Big Sur
on it, while the old one had MacOS 10.11 El Capitan. This came with a new version
of Xcode, Xcode 12.3 (12C33), whose gcc is Apple clang version 12.0.0 (clang-1200.0.32.28).

The reason why I mention the above is that after I installed the most recent rotd,
I did a bootcheck of an unmodified workspace in hlc.gc, and got three test case
failures I have not seen before (attached). They all involve putting bytes back into
the input stream. These test cases do NOT fail on my laptop, which runs Linux
and whose C compiler is gcc 7.5.0.

Is this a known issue?

BTW, I do not recommend upgrading to Big Sur. In the last four days, since I
got it back, m iMac has already crashed twice.

Zoltan.