[m-dev.] Source dist. archives on github

Julien Fischer jfischer at opturion.com
Mon Feb 4 17:47:31 AEDT 2019

On Mon, 4 Feb 2019, Peter Wang wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I've created the mercury-srcdist repository on Github
> and uploaded what archives I have.
>
> https://github.com/Mercury-Language/mercury-srcdist
>
> The .git directory in my workspace is 575 MB for 243 tags.

Thanks Peter!  I think I have some other srcdists lying about that I
will upload at some point.  Could you please add the most recent
version of the script for uploading these source distributions
to the tools directory.

Also, I think README.md needs to be very clear about the fact that
this repository is *not* the source of the Mercury system itself.

I'll add a pointer to the new git repository from the downloads
page this evening.

BTW, the download page now also provides the source distribution
in .tar.xz format.  (You may want to update the testing server
to grab those rather than the .tar.gz ones, since they're quite
a bit smaller.)

Julien.