[m-dev.] I have been making Debian packages

Paul Bone paul at bone.id.au
Fri Mar 24 16:19:13 AEDT 2017

On Fri, Mar 24, 2017 at 11:41:28AM +1100, Julien Fischer wrote:

> Hi Paul,
>
> On Thu, 23 Mar 2017, Paul Bone wrote:
>
> >I've been packaging Mercury for Debian recently.
> >
> >http://dl2.mercurylang.org/packages/
>
> For the benefit of those of without a Debian (based) system to hand,
> what packages have you split it up into?

I'll put this online also.

	Grade							Package
    hlc.gc                          mercury-hlc
    hlc.par.gc                      mercury-hlcpar
    hlc.gc.trseg                    mercury-hlctrail
    asm_fast.gc                     mercury-llc
    asm_fast.par.gc.stseg           mercury-llcpar
    asm_fast.gc.trseg               mercury-llctrail
    asm_fast.gc.decldebug.stseg     mercury-devel
    asm_fast.gc.profdeep.stseg      mercury-devel
    asm_fast.gc.memprof.stseg       mercury-devel
    asm_fast.gc.prof.stseg          mercury-devel

For all of these except mercury-devel you will also need the -dev package if
you want to compile programs for that grade.  The non -dev packages are just
the shared objects.

> >others will come soon.
> >
> >Is this something we want on the main downloads site?

Okay, I'll do that soon.

--
Paul Bone
http://paul.bone.id.au