[m-dev.] Article about memory fragmentation

Paul Bone paul at bone.id.au
Sat Oct 8 22:32:33 AEDT 2016

This is a cross post as both communities will probably be interested.

I investigated an issue with memory fragmentation in BDW GC and Mercury and
it proved to be quite interesting, so I wrote it up as a blog post.

http://paul.bone.id.au/2016/10/08/memory-fragmentation-in-boehmgc/

I also learnt a fair amount about the collector in the process, and
explained that in the article too.  It may be interesting if you're curious
about how allocation works in the collector.

Please let me know if I've gotten anything wrong, or of course if you have
any other comments.

Cheers.

--
Paul Bone