[m-dev.] Almost ready to merge the update_boehm branch

Peter Wang novalazy at gmail.com
Wed Sep 23 12:35:06 AEST 2015

On Wed, 23 Sep 2015 11:36:53 +1000, Paul Bone <paul at bone.id.au> wrote:

> I'm almost ready to merge the upgrade_boehm branch.

Hi Paul,

Can I ask that, prior to a merge, you rebase the upgrade_boehm branch to
eliminate the merges from master into upgrade_boehm?  Otherwise the
history will be unnecessarily convoluted on master.

prepare.sh is trying to link from the PARENT of the 'mercury' directory:

    ln -s ../libatomic_ops boehm_gc/libatomic_ops

prepare.sh could be more careful in case it is run with the current
directory not being the 'mercury' directory.

The two submodule repositories seem to use different naming conventions
for branches.  How about naming them ${UPSTREAM_BRANCH}-mercury
for our forks based on ${UPSTREAM_BRANCH}?

Peter