[m-dev.] Version of Mercury to Compile Mercury

Charles Shuller charles.shuller at gmail.com
Tue Jun 23 00:47:04 AEST 2015

Hello all,

What version of mercury do I need to have installed to build the current
development branch.   I've currently got 14.01.1 installed.

I think that isn't recent enough because when I try to configure the code
in git it finds mmc just fine, but still errors out:

looking for an already installed Mercury compiler to bootstrap with...
checking for mmc... /usr/local/bin/mmc
checking whether the above mmc works and is sufficiently recent... no
configure: error: You need a working Mercury compiler to bootstrap with

charles at jarvis:~/src/mercury_fork$ mmc --version
Mercury Compiler, version 14.01.1, configured for x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu
Copyright (C) 1993-2014 The University of Melbourne
charles at jarvis:~/src/mercury_fork$

Thanks!

Charles