[m-dev.] Build problem of ROTD and Git trunk

Zoltan Somogyi zoltan.somogyi at runbox.com
Fri Feb 27 20:51:33 AEDT 2015

On Fri, 27 Feb 2015 17:01:05 +0800, Michael Richter <ttmrichter at gmail.com> wrote:
> I've attached the tree234.err file,
> but it's pretty simple: it can't find "private_builtin.trace_set_io_
> state/1".

That tells me that you are trying to compile the current ROTD
with an installed compiler that dates from before an incompatible
change to the Mercury standard library. If you install the ROTD
from the source distribution, setting your path to *not* include
any Mercury compilers when you invoke the configure script,
this problem should not occur.

> I'm kind of at a loss as to where to go from here.  ./configure said the
> mmc version I had was fine for bootstrapping so I'm not sure what went
> wrong.

I will update the configure script to detect this problem.

Zoltan.