[m-dev.] cleaning up the item list

Zoltan Somogyi zoltan.somogyi at runbox.com
Fri Feb 13 14:19:14 AEDT 2015

On Mon, 02 Feb 2015 21:59:15 +1100 (EST), "Zoltan Somogyi" <zoltan.somogyi at runbox.com> wrote:
> So I started work on making the structure
> of the item list, which is currently undocumented and not reflected
> in the types, apparent in the types themselves. It took a lot of work,
> but I am now about half way through this cleanup, and I think it
> quite likely that I will be successful this time. But to make this
> possible, I am asking everyone else not to commit any changes
> that affect code working on the item list, or items themselves,
> or statuses, until I am done.

An update: I now have a first draft of this change. The compiler
compiles again (at one point, it got several thousand lines of error
messages), though it will take more work to bootcheck again.

My request not to commit anything that touches the item list,
or items, or statuses, remains in place. My diff is currently
about 16,000 lines, and I would STRONGLY prefer to avoid conflicts.

Zoltan.