[m-dev.] Feedback on removal of pragma fact-table

Zoltan Somogyi zoltan.somogyi at runbox.com
Wed Apr 8 00:33:26 AEST 2015

On Tue, 7 Apr 2015 20:15:47 +1000, Julien Fischer <jfischer at opturion.com> wrote:
> We (i.e the Mercury developers) will also need to take a look at the code
> that's causing the problem, since
> it should be possible to reduce its stack consumption.

The stack is consumed by read_item_loop in prog_io.m. It should be
possible to use the standard two-level loop technique to free stack
frames periodically, say every 1000th item. However, since it is
not urgent, I would prefer that this not be done, since in my work
on the item list, I have replaced this code already, so any other
change to it would cause conflicts.

Zoltan.