[m-dev.] proposal: extension to pragma obsolete

Julien Fischer jfischer at opturion.com
Wed Sep 10 01:42:25 AEST 2014

Hi Mark,

On Tue, 9 Sep 2014, Mark Brown wrote:

> Looking through a recent version of the library, there seems to be two
> main cases for pragma obsolete: where a predicate or function is
> replaced by something with identical semantics, and where it is
> superseded by something with better semantics.

Actually, there's one other case that sometimes occurs, although not in
the current version of the library, and that's when we deprecate entire
modules (bintree and bintree_set are recent-ish examples).  In that case
you probably don't want to say anything about the predicates involved,
but instead, for example, that uses of type 'foo' should be replaced by
uses of type 'bar'.

Cheers,
Julien.