[m-dev.] thread.spawn_native

Michael Day mikeday at yeslogic.com
Thu Jun 12 18:19:55 AEST 2014

Hi Peter,

As an interested bystander, I like the proposal, but I don't understand
this bit:

> Add a new annotation for foreign procs.  A call to a foreign proc with
> that annotation must be executed on the exclusive engine that the
> context originated on.  (`may_not_migrate' basically)

If you call thread-specific foreign procs from a thread that was
launched with spawn_native, then you would have no problems even in the
absence of this annotation, right? So what does the annotation actually
give you?

Michael

--
Prince: Print with CSS!