[m-dev.] [m-users.] Mercury with Guile

Tomas By tomas at basun.net
Thu Aug 14 08:36:23 AEST 2014

On Thu, August 14, 2014 00:21, Zoltan Somogyi wrote:
> I hope you know that the phrase "really weird type inferences",
> without the actual error messages or the source code that generated them,
> is not a useful bug report.

No, it was not really intended as a bug report.

> (c) We have found it a good idea to define purpose-specific types even
> when these are isomorphic to one of the standard Mercury library types,
> such as pair or bool.

Good point.

I still have the feeling that some of the compiler error messages are a
bit over-ambitious, though, in the sense that they seem to assume the
programmer attempted something extremely complicated that is unfortunately
not possible, rather than forgot something obvious or just spelled
something slightly wrong, which is, I believe, the more common case.

/Tomas