[m-dev.] bootcheck

Ian MacLarty imaclarty at opturion.com
Fri Mar 29 12:43:44 AEDT 2013

On Fri, Mar 29, 2013 at 12:23 PM, Paul Bone <paul at bone.id.au> wrote:

> When I run ./tools/bootcheck for asm_fast.gc it reports that a bunch of
> debugger tests failed.  Well this is okay as the debugger isn't expected to
> work in asm_fast.gc.  My questions are: Why are these tests being run? and
> why are these errors unexpected test case failures?

As I recall you can still compile modules with debugging enabled in
asm_fast.gc (using the --trace option).  The debugger doesn't require
everything to be compiled in a debug grade.  The debug grade is there
so that you get events for the standard library predicates, but it's
not required.

I think the debug tests have expected outputs for when they are run in
a non-debug grade.  So it's possible the failures are legitimate, but
most probably the expected outputs are out of date.

Ian.