[m-dev.] Website content rewrite

Peter Wang novalazy at gmail.com
Thu Feb 21 14:05:31 AEDT 2013

On Thu, 21 Feb 2013 12:23:14 +1100, Paul Bone <paul at bone.id.au> wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 21, 2013 at 12:14:26PM +1100, Julien Fischer wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > What is the "official" version of the website these days?  The content
> > on the existing one is
> > need of a fairly major rewrite and I would like to start looking at
> > doing just that.
> >

> It's still the old one, in the 'master' branch of the www repository:
> https://github.com/Mercury-Language/www

I suggest doing any major content rewrite on the redesign-proposal
branch.  It would need to be ported over anyway.

> A couple of things that need changing:
>     + Update links to bugtracker & mailing lists
>     + Update e-mail addresses
>     + Update CVS/GIT/Download information.
>     + Add an item to the News section.
>
> There may be more, I'm just listing these incase it's helpful.

I think these changes should be made and propagated to the live site as
soon as possible.  At the very least, a news item with a link to
http://lists.mercurylang.org/

(Btw, typo on that page: "Annoucments")

Peter