[m-dev.] 11.07.1 --csharp-compiler... in scripts/Mercury.config... on Linux to delete??

Paul Bone pbone at csse.unimelb.edu.au
Mon Mar 5 08:47:11 AEDT 2012

On Sun, Mar 04, 2012 at 09:34:23PM +0100, Nick Rudnick wrote:
> Thanks Julien,
>
> it seemed to work for me – surprisingly, ./configure accepted my old
> compiler, but, I put 11.01 out of my PATH and set (having a 64bit system)
>
> > export PATH=$PATH:scripts

Hi Nick,

Why are you trying to control the path.

If you take a _fresh_ download of the source distribution you don't need
Mercury at all to build it.  The source download is half-built, that is to say,
the .m files have already been compiled to .c files, so your system's gcc can
simply finish it (just run configure like you normally would, making sure that
there is no mmc in the path).

$ tar -zxvf mercury-compiler-11.07.1.tar.gz
$ cd mercury-11.07.1
$ which mmc
  ^ This call should fail.
$ ./configure (select prefix and grades)
$ make
$ sudo make install

Configure will recognize that you don't have a mmc, it will also recognize that
it has pre-compiled C files that where untared from the downloaded tarball.  It
will then know that it doesn't need the Mercury compiler.

All the best.