[m-dev.] STM rewrite

Peter Wang novalazy at gmail.com
Wed Nov 9 18:37:29 AEDT 2011

On Tue, 8 Nov 2011 22:50:14 -0500, Chris King <colanderman at gmail.com> wrote:

> Comments, suggestions, and questions welcome.  I hope eventually for
> this module to find its way into the standard library (no doubt
> pending stylistic changes).

Hi Chris,

I like the idea.  I don't have any stake in the existing code, though.

Would if-then-else behave differently at all to or_else?

I second your suggestion to explicitly mark atomic blocks for
retry-on-failure, simply because I would hate to write a semidet goal
accidentally (although we do have determinism check scopes now).
I suggest the flag `retry_on_fail' :-)

Peter