[m-dev.] Anonymous CVS access

Keri Harris keri at gentoo.org
Thu Mar 11 17:49:10 AEDT 2010

On Saturday 27 February 2010 18:59:42 Julien Fischer wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Sat, 27 Feb 2010, Keri Harris wrote:
> > Does the mercury project still provide anonymous CVS access? I have an
> > old CVS checkout that I'm no longer able to update:
>
> No, we still provide anonymous CVS access - there has been maintenance
> work going on in our server room which has been disrupting access over
> the past few days.

It looks like remote CVS access is not yet working:

$ cvs -d
:pserver:guest at cvs.mercury.cs.mu.oz.au:/home/mercury/mercury1/repository login
Logging in to
:pserver:guest at cvs.mercury.cs.mu.oz.au:2401/home/mercury/mercury1/repository
CVS password:

$ cvs -d
:pserver:guest at cvs.mercury.cs.mu.oz.au:/home/mercury/mercury1/repository
checkout mercury
Fatal error, aborting.
cvsuser: no such system user

I've also noticed that the 10.04-beta release is not readily available as a
tarball. The http address[1] listed in the download page does not include a
usable link to the tarball[2]. Similarly, the ftp address[3] does not include
a usable listing.

[1] http://www.mercury.cs.mu.oz.au/download/files/beta-releases/10.04-
beta/index.html
[2] http://www.mercury.cs.mu.oz.au/download/files/beta-releases/10.04-
beta/mercury-tests-10.04-beta.tar.gz
[3] ftp://ftp.mercury.cs.mu.oz.au/pub/mercury/beta-releases/10.04-beta

Thanks

Keri