[m-dev.] erlang grades

Peter Wang novalazy at gmail.com
Sat Jun 13 12:55:12 AEST 2009

On 2009-06-12, Julien Fischer <juliensf at csse.unimelb.edu.au> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm going to add the erlang grade to the the nightly builds** on neptune
> (and probably goofy once it is reimaged).  The the above would be
> facilited if generating bytecode and native code were separate grades,
> i.e.
>
>    erlang    == Erlang bytecode
>    erlang_nc == native code

I suppose this is to facilitate testing only?  Otherwise I don't think
it's necessary.  You can mix bytecode and native code, and AFAIK if the
.beam file you've got is not compiled for your architecture it will fall
back to bytecode.  You can also (re)generate native code from a .beam file.

> Comments?
>
> (** Peter, is the java grade in a state were it worth also readding it?)

Yes.  The testsuite doesn't work yet though.

Peter