[m-dev.] Broken debug/dice test case.

Ian MacLarty maclarty at csse.unimelb.edu.au
Mon Sep 22 09:37:34 AEST 2008

On Sun, Sep 21, 2008 at 9:28 PM, Paul Bone <pbone at csse.unimelb.edu.au> wrote:
> Hi Guys.
> I've made a change to the bytecode representation used by the declartive
> debugger again, and I've broken the tests/debug/dice test case, or maybe
> it was already broken?

You could look at the results of the nightly tests to see if your change
has caused the breakage.

> The change I've made to the bytecode
> representation will be posted to mercury-reviews shortly.
> I've attached the tests/debug/dice.log file generated by running
> ./tools/bootcheck -G asm_fast.gc.decldebug.  I don't understand if the
> difference in the output of dice.m compared to what was expected is a
> problem, presumably a value is now sorting or hashing differently and
> that's all.
> Could someone farmiliar with the dice feature of the debugger let me
> know if this is a problem or not.

It seems odd to me that the goal paths and order have changed.
The dice command is meant to display differences in events between
failing and passing test cases.  The order of the events is determined
by the command's arguments.  I don't think that changes to the
program representation should affect this.

mercury-developers mailing list
Post messages to:       mercury-developers at csse.unimelb.edu.au
Administrative Queries: owner-mercury-developers at csse.unimelb.edu.au
Subscriptions:          mercury-developers-request at csse.unimelb.edu.au

More information about the developers mailing list