[m-dev.] promise_impure

Ralph Becket rafe at csse.unimelb.edu.au
Fri May 25 12:38:17 AEST 2007

Jakob Puchinger, Friday, 25 May 2007:
> Hi,
>
> I did not find any documentation about promise_impure, I think that
> only promise_pure and promise_semipure are mentioned...

In the "Goals" section of the Reference Manual you will find the
typeset version of the following:

@item @code{promise_impure @var{Goal}}
A purity cast.
@var{Goal} must be a valid goal.
This goal instructs the compiler to treat @var{Goal} as though it were
impure, regardless of its actual purity.

However, I see that the section "Promising that a predicate is pure"
mentions only the promise_pure and promise_semipure pragmas.  However, I
think these pragmas may well be deprecated in the future since they are
handled better by the corresponding scopes.  I've amended the
documentation to include a back-reference and will commit the change
assuming it passes review.

-- Ralph