[m-dev.] Link before or after back end code generation.

Eric Taucher gluon at earthlink.net
Tue Jun 26 08:07:00 AEST 2007

I am just looking for comments and feedback.

For the IL backend we currently have multiple dll files making up the
library. To upgrade to .NET 2.0 the library is more easily created as one
file. There are two methods that I see are possible to create the one file:

1.	After the code is converted to the IL backend form, by using illink
to link the separate modules into one assembly.
2.	Before the code is converted to the backend form, by merging the
separate *.m files and then converting into the IL backend form.

Is there a benefit or preference for one or the other?