[m-dev.] Running the test suite under IL

Jonathan Morgan jonmmorgan at gmail.com
Mon Jun 18 17:44:32 AEST 2007

I have been running the test suite using the IL backend, and have
encountered several general classes of problems:
* Many test case outputs differ only in line ending (LF vs. CRLF).
How is this supposed to be handled?
* Quite a few tests throw an ExecutionEngineException (according to
Microsoft, "The exception that is thrown when there is an internal
error in the execution engine of the common language runtime.")
* A few tests have problems with dummy variables.
* A few tests have problems with loading foreign types.

I haven't particularly looked into any of these, so I can't tell what
needs changing.

Jon