[m-dev.] makefile.dlls and USE_DLLS Can these be removed?

Eric Taucher gluon at earthlink.net
Thu Jul 12 03:57:33 AEST 2007

>From what I can gather, we have three options that can cause conflicts.
1. USE_DLLS=yes
2. GRADE=il
3. target=il

My understanding is that
1. USE_DLLS is to build the *.m files into C files and finally into Windows
native code DLL files.
2. GRADE=il is used to build *.m files into il files and finally into
Microsoft .NET DLL files.
3. target=il - Is currently disabled, but could effect GRADE=il.

Currently I am working to get GRADE=il to make the library into one
Microsoft .NET file called mercury.dll.

What I am trying to avoid is having either USE_DLLS=yes or target=il
modifications causing problems with GRADE=il.

If we choose to leave USE_DLL=yes and target=il code in the unfinished
state, then there should at least be some comments to test with GRADE=il
before committing changes for those two options.

If however, these options are in conflict, and could change the way GRADE=il
is specified as an option, then I can modify the changes for generating the
.NET DLLS now; I just need some direction on how the options should work.

Thanks

Eric