[m-dev.] Commands for running the test suite using GRADE il

Eric Taucher gluon at earthlink.net
Tue Jul 3 03:25:21 AEST 2007

Being better with Windows than UNIX, sometimes using Cygwin can throw me a
curve. With help from Peter, I now able to run the test suite using grade
IL, but ran into a slight problem which I am noting here for others.

As Peter noted in
<http://www.cs.mu.oz.au/research/mercury/mailing-lists/mercury-developers/me
rcury-developers.200706/0016.html>
http://www.cs.mu.oz.au/research/mercury/mailing-lists/mercury-developers/mer
cury-developers.200706/0016.html, mounting the test directory with the text
option fixed the Windows Unix line ending problem.

While the mount command looked simple to use, the trick to getting it to
work was in the exact construction of the directory names

Here are the steps I used to run the test suite.

start bash shell

Eric at xp-machine ~

$ mount

C:\cygwin\bin on /usr/bin type system (binmode)

C:\cygwin\lib on /usr/lib type system (binmode)

C:\cygwin on / type system (binmode)

c: on /cygdrive/c type system (binmode,noumount)

d: on /cygdrive/d type system (binmode,noumount)

e: on /cygdrive/e type system (binmode,noumount)

Eric at xp-machine ~

$ mount --text --system D:\\Mercury/mercury-tests-0.13.1 /tests

Eric at xp-machine ~

$ mount

D:\Mercury\mercury-tests-0.13.1 on /tests type system (textmode)

C:\cygwin\bin on /usr/bin type system (binmode)

C:\cygwin\lib on /usr/lib type system (binmode)

C:\cygwin on / type system (binmode)

c: on /cygdrive/c type system (binmode,noumount)

d: on /cygdrive/d type system (binmode,noumount)

e: on /cygdrive/e type system (binmode,noumount)

Eric at xp-machine ~

$ cd /tests

Eric at xp-machine /tests

$ mmake GRADE=IL runtests

The mount command makes changes to the mount table which is located in the
Windows registry under the key

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cygnus Solutions\Cygwin\mounts v2

Once I looked at the registry keys, the command was easier to use.

The following is the cygwin mount table in a *.reg file format.

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cygnus Solutions\Cygwin\mounts v2]

"cygdrive prefix"="/cygdrive"

"cygdrive flags"=dword:00000022

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cygnus Solutions\Cygwin\mounts v2\/]

"native"="C:\\cygwin"

"flags"=dword:0000000a

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cygnus Solutions\Cygwin\mounts v2\/tests]

"native"="D:\\Mercury\\mercury-tests-0.13.1"

"flags"=dword:00000008

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cygnus Solutions\Cygwin\mounts v2\/usr/bin]

"native"="C:\\cygwin/bin"

"flags"=dword:0000000a

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cygnus Solutions\Cygwin\mounts v2\/usr/lib]

"native"="C:\\cygwin/lib"

"flags"=dword:0000000a