[m-dev.] Why don't variables have a context?

Peter Ross pro at missioncriticalit.com
Mon Oct 30 13:30:48 AEDT 2006

Hi,

I'm working on adding a pass to the compiler which outputs an XML
representation of a module.  The idea is that this XML representation
can then be transformed by various stylesheets into a good documentation
format.

One of the key parts of this is having heuristics to associate comments
to parts of the program.  This is fine if we are looking for a comment related
to some functor, however variables have no context associated with them,
so it is impossible to do this.

Is there a reason why?

Pete