[m-dev.] [refman] Mutable variables example

Julien Fischer juliensf at cs.mu.OZ.AU
Tue May 30 00:03:11 AEST 2006

On Mon, 29 May 2006 doug.auclair at logicaltypes.com wrote:

> Dear Julien and all,
>
> You wrote:
> >On Fri, 26 May 2006 doug.auclair at logicaltypes.com wrote:
> [...]
> >The reference manual is not exactly exact in that respect.  It should
> >say that the mutable name has to be a valid Mercury name (as defined in
> >section 2.2 of the reference manual.)
>
> So, then, it's 'kinda' exact? *smirk*  Your change sounds helpful; would it
> please be added to the refman in that section?

Yes, I've already added it, however while I was doing that I noticed that
the documentation of the foreign_name mutable attribute is out-of-date and
I haven't finished rewriting that yet.

> >I think that example [snipped] is too large for the reference manual - something
> >of that size would be okay in the samples directory though.
>
> Okay; if you believe that is appropriate, then could it be added to the samples/?

I'll add something to the samples directory.

Julien.