[m-dev.] structure-sharing?

doug.auclair at logicaltypes.com doug.auclair at logicaltypes.com
Thu May 18 05:24:51 AEST 2006

So, I attempted to build the ROTD on the Sun box ...
apparently, there are many new files which, a large number
of them have really long file names ... so long, in fact
that Solaris' tar drops them or truncates their names.

... doesn't make building the ROTD easy.  I'm looking
into adding a different tar to the Sun box, which may
be easy, or, since I'm not admin, may not be so easy ...

So, what is all this structure-sharing functionality
added to the compiler? Main page news item material?

Sincerely,
Doug Auclair