[m-dev.] proposed breakup of std_util.m

doug.auclair at logicaltypes.com doug.auclair at logicaltypes.com
Thu Mar 23 01:06:46 AEDT 2006

Dear Julien and the rest of the Mercury Developers, a free
opinion from a Mercury user:

>This is a call for opinions on:
>
>(a) if std_util should be broken up at all

Yes-yes-yes, please!

>(b) if the scheme outlined below is acceptable

Your proposed break-up looks very good from a (this)
user's perspective.

>(c) how we should manage the transitition the new modules

Fine, too.  Although, I personally wouldn't mind a complete
reorganization without any backward compatability at all.
Others may prefer otherwise, however, so I'm fine either way.

Sincerely,
Doug Auclair

P.S. Also, since Zoltan fixed the problem necessitating
fact_tables, maybe eliminating references to that pragma
in the language reference manual will prevent users (like
this one) from relying on 2002 programming techniques
... *cough*.