[m-dev.] For (style) review: Beginning a Gtk+ binding.

Peter Wang wangp at students.cs.mu.OZ.AU
Wed Mar 15 20:31:55 AEDT 2006

On 2006-03-15, Jonathan Morgan <jonmmorgan at gmail.com> wrote:
> I have made a start on a binding for Gtk+ 2.0.  At the moment, it has
> just enough power to open a window and then destroy it.  As I am
> fairly new to Mercury, I would like someone to look through the
> attached files and give me any necessary style guidelines.

How are you planning to continue with this?  Have you considered parsing
the .defs files that come with PyGTK and generating code from that?  I
did it once for Scheme and it saved me some tedium, although I still
needed to hand tune some things and the result wasn't pretty.  On the
other hand, Mercury may be too different from imperative languages to
make this an option.

http://www.pygtk.org/

Peter