[m-dev.] HO List args: fold and unfold

doug.auclair at logicaltypes.com doug.auclair at logicaltypes.com
Wed Mar 15 15:04:04 AEDT 2006

Dear Ralph,

Thank you for providing two alternates ... I think I'll go
with the one you provided originally.  The latter two had
me crack open my SICP, compare them with similar ones in
that tome, but then my head started spinning again (now I
remember why I don't turn to that book all that often), so
I shut it again quickly.  The functional folks like to claim
their particular language of choice is declarative, but the
logic programming style seems so much more declarative to
me than what they come up with, e.g. SICP's accumulate
function, etc.

Sincerely,
Doug Auclair

P.S. Finally a real example of foldr!  And, an association
for free: foldr's effect == inject:into:'s effect, where
effect/1 measures rotational speed for Doug's cranium.