[m-dev.] op/3, again.

doug.auclair at logicaltypes.com doug.auclair at logicaltypes.com
Tue Mar 14 08:05:12 AEDT 2006

Dear all,

op/3 declarations have started to show up in auxilary libraries of
mine, so I modified the op/3 build system so that it checks the
type of the build product (executable or library).  Notification of
this change (and the build system) is available at

http://www.logicaltypes.com.

A side note, this doubled the complexity of this build system, and
blew away one of my work days.  Also, this build system is entirely
redundant to mmc, given mmc processes op/3 declarations (which
I have demonstrated in trivial to do).

As all applicative users of Mercury (Peter, Peter, Peter, Michael Day
put up a post in 2002/3, myself and colleagues) have expressed a
desire for op/3 declarations, preferring it over `op` syntax, it'd be
nice to have that as a language feature ...

Sincerely,
Doug Auclair