[m-dev.] 0.13 release: op/3 syntax

doug.auclair at logicaltypes.com doug.auclair at logicaltypes.com
Sat Mar 4 11:01:35 AEDT 2006

Dear Peter, you wrote:

>I'd like to be able to use 'in' as an infix operator for list and set
>membership.

I do quite a bit of set-related stuff, and have quite a few set-related
operators ... since unicode isn't supported on our hardware/software
I cannot do the proper membership symbol (epsilon), so I use '<-' ...
which IIRC is the Haskell Way.

>I've implemented a bounded universal quantifier for Prolog that used
>the syntax
>      forall Template in Sequence :: Goal

Nice!  Share? My email is doug.auclair at logicaltypes.com (as Prolog
code not relevant to this discussion may be off-topic).

>Pete or Peter or Doug^H^H^H^HPeter care to say how you wanted to use
>operators?

     http://www.cotilliongroup.com/man/syntax-man.html

and since mercury treats declarations (prefix ':-' terms) as syntax:

     http://www.cotilliongroup.com/man/aspects/aspects-man.html

There are also 5 or so other sets of syntax I cannot discuss; but, as
I have mentioned before, these syntax schemata are a necessity for
our production system.  Oh, well: I'm reverting to a circular argument
("We need it because we need it"), but I am constrained here.  My
apologies.

My set_utils (module and documentation) is still under revision.

Sincerely,
Doug

P.S.  Thx for remembering to call me 'Peter'.  That was sweet.