[m-dev.] 0.13 release: op/3 syntax

Peter Hawkins hawkinsp at cs.stanford.edu
Fri Mar 3 12:20:27 AEDT 2006

Hi...
Peter Schachte wrote:

>My argument in favor of user-extensible syntax is:
>
>	a) Users want it; operators have been pretty popular in
>	   Prolog.

I think I'll chime in with a "me too". This came up with the BDD library
--- often it would be nice to define new operators motivated by the
mathematical notation rather than use verbose descriptions of what the
operators do, or to try to overload one of the existing operators with a
new meaning. Naturally this would require that operators be exportable
from modules since that's the whole point.

Cheers,
Peter