[m-dev.] 0.13 release

Jonathan Morgan jonmmorgan at gmail.com
Mon Mar 13 13:28:05 AEDT 2006

On 3/13/06, Julien Fischer <juliensf at cs.mu.oz.au> wrote:

> On Sat, 11 Mar 2006, Jonathan Morgan wrote:
>
> > > mercury-CVS: Failed when getting to the compiler directory.  I tried
> > > running mmake depend, and after that it failed saying 'no rule to
> > > build libmer_rt.lib'.
> >
> > I tried again, and it failed in runtime/mercury_term_size.c, with
> > message 'Cannot open include file 'unistd.h'.  I imagine that the
> > reason it made it to compiler/* was because some of it had been
> > compiled with VC++ 2003.  This is not included in mercury-0.12.2,
> > which is why it managed to compile with that.
> >

> It looks like there are some #ifdefs missing around some of the includes.
> I'll take a look at it.

I tried it with VC++ 2003 Toolkit (with lib and lib.bat) and added the
ifdefs, and then it worked okay, but the compiler failed to link, as
it couldn't find snprintf (the safe version).  This turned out to be
_snprintf, so I changed that and it compiled.  After that, it got
further than the VC++ 2005 edition - rather than crashing, it
complained that it couldn't find Mercury/array.mih - presumably
because it was trying to mix the Windows style of paths with the Unix
style.  I'll try mmc hello, but I suspect that the same problem will
result.

I also failed to mention that I tried using mmake with the VC++ 2005
version, and it was failing on mmc --compile-to-c (the depend step
worked okay).

Jon