[m-dev.] names of the scanner and parser generators

Zoltan Somogyi zs at cs.mu.OZ.AU
Wed Jun 28 12:19:24 AEST 2006

On 27-Jun-2006, Peter Hawkins <hawkinsp at cs.stanford.edu> wrote:
> What's the status with these?

I have got them to the stage where they pass an initial set of test cases.
The test suite is far too small as yet, and there is no documentation except
for the test cases themselves.

One thing I did find out was that neither the Mercury nor the Zinc grammars
were LR(1).

> If they're working, where can I find them?

home/mercury/public/tools_svn_repository

> I need to write a parser and I'm wondering whether I have to hand-code
> it (like the Zinc compiler).

If you are feeling adventurous, try them out. I will start teaching 361 again
in three weeks, so I expect I will get back to this then.

Zoltan.