[m-dev.] op/3 declaration extent (submodules, etc), re: for review, ops.m

doug.auclair at logicaltypes.com doug.auclair at logicaltypes.com
Sat Feb 18 09:04:47 AEDT 2006

Dear Julien, you wrote:

>How are you intending the op/3 directive to interact with sub-modules?
>In any case there is bunch of code in compiler/modules.m that you would need
>to modify, in order to prevent/allow `:- op' directives being written out to
>various types of inteface file.

I had not considered the extent of op/3 declarations for submodules.  That is something I must explore.  Thank you for raising this issue.  As for the interface files, I had intended op/3 to have only implementation extent, but I seem to recall that 1) even implementation-only declarations being written out to .int? files (so I must follow through on this ... I did some cursury inspection already) and 2) since this is my intent, I suppose that there is a way to enforce this through the process of compiliation (e.g. throwing an exception if the op/3 declaration is found in the interface/0 section), but this is something I don't know right at this moment (I will find out shortly (over the next few days)).  Any suggestions/starting-points?

Sincerely,
Doug Auclair