[m-dev.] IL, Mono and Portable .NET

Jonathan Morgan jonmmorgan at gmail.com
Thu Feb 16 21:58:54 AEDT 2006

On 2/16/06, Jonathan Morgan <jonmmorgan at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 2/11/06, Jonathan Morgan <jonmmorgan at gmail.com> wrote:
> >

> > For your information, I have just been trying the latest rotd, and MS
> > ilasm breaks as well when compiling injection.m.  So maybe I'll backport
> > your change to mercury-0.12.2 and try it with that (as I know MS ilasm
> > can handle it).
> >
> > Jon
> >

> I have used DotGnu on Win32, with mercury-0.12.2 on Cygwin.  It seems to
> go all right compiling the IL, but breaks when building C# code, because it
> doesn't have the /addmodule command line option.  I'll look into what we can
> do to fix that (if anything).

Yes, I did know that Julien had already commented on this.  Looking at
csant, it seems that the equivalent to "/addmodule:" is "-fmodule=".  I
think Mono might have both /addmodule and -addmodule.  I know some work was
done on that by Mercury developers a couple of years ago (see
http://lists.ximian.com/archives/public/mono-devel-list/2003-December/003293.html),
but whether it got to the usable stage I don't know.  I could copy out the
commands that had broken, replace the addmodule, and they would build.  I
will try and integrate it into the sources.

Jon