[m-dev.] IL, Mono and Portable .NET

Julien Fischer juliensf at cs.mu.OZ.AU
Sun Feb 12 22:59:41 AEDT 2006

On Sat, 11 Feb 2006, Jonathan Morgan wrote:

> On 2/1/06, Julien Fischer <juliensf at cs.mu.oz.au> wrote:
> >
> > On Wed, 1 Feb 2006, Jonathan Morgan wrote:
> >
> > > Any idea how much work it would be to natively support Mono or DotGnu
> > for
> > > the IL backend with both mmake and mmc --make?
> >
> > I've just tried it with DotGNU and compiled most of the library with both
> > mmake and mmc --make.  It looks like there is a bug in the MLDS backend
> > that
> > causes it to duplicate definitions in the IL code when compiling
> > library/injection.m (which is where it dies for me at the moment)
> >

> For your information, I have just been trying the latest rotd, and MS ilasm
> breaks as well when compiling injection.m.  So maybe I'll backport your
> change to mercury-0.12.2 and try it with that (as I know MS ilasm can handle
> it).

Any ilasm will break with the code generated for the injection module at the
moment.  (The reason it didn't show up with 0.12.x was that the injection
module wasn't added to the standard library until after that was released; the
actual bug, duplicate definitions in the generated IL, shows with
0.12.x comilers as well.)

A temporary workaround is to comment out the function versions of
injection.delete_vars and injection.delete_keys.

Julien.