[m-dev.] mmc on saturn

Julien Fischer juliensf at cs.mu.OZ.AU
Mon Sep 5 03:48:14 AEST 2005

On Mon, 29 Aug 2005, Julien Fischer wrote:

> I've set up everything necessary to run the nightly tests on saturn.  Before
> that can happen we will need to update the version of the Boehm collector
> we use (currently we use 6.2alpha4).  Any version above 6.5 should be
> fine as far as x86_64 support goes.

(Actually we were using 6.3alpha2.)

I've updated the Boehm collector and succesfully bootstrapped the compiler
in asm_fast.gc on saturn.  I'll commit the update to the garabage
collector after testing the changes on more grade/architectures.

For users of saturn who wish to update manually in the interim, the patch
is in /home/mercury/juliensf/tmp/GC_6_5.PATCH.

Cheers,
Julien.