[m-dev.] Resources example

Zoltan Somogyi zs at cs.mu.OZ.AU
Tue Apr 26 20:01:55 AEST 2005

On 26-Apr-2005, Ian MacLarty <maclarty at cs.mu.OZ.AU> wrote:
> >I propose extending this concept so that in addition to having
> >representation argument types, the implementor version also has two
> >extra arguments on the end -- representing the state of the solver
>
> This would also make debugging of code involving solver types easier.

I don't think it would, Either way the debugger must have RTTI linking
the solver type to the resource, and how the link is specified shouldn't
affect the difficulty of providing the link (I think it is easy either
way).

> Since the compiler would be aware of the constraints store, it would be
> possible to have a "print constraints" command in mdb which would print
> the constraint store for a particular solver_type.  We could also
> display any changes to the constraint store in the declarative
> debugger.

That would require further cooperation from the solver writer. Prapat's
project will look at these issues.

Zoltan.