[m-dev.] mmake ignoring LDFLAGS

Michael Wybrow mjwybrow at cs.mu.OZ.AU
Fri Oct 29 11:42:11 AEST 2004

On Thu, 28 Oct 2004, Ian MacLarty wrote:

>> Again, neither of these suggestions help.
>
> Try putting EXTRA_MLFLAGS=-L/sw/lib in your browser/Mmake.browser.params.

Yes that does cause it to link correctly, but it then bombs out later when
it tries to include the readline headers because it is also discarding the
CPPFLAGS variable:

../scripts/mgnuc --grade reg.gc --no-mercury-stdlib-dir --no-ansi --no-check
-- -I../boehm_gc -I../boehm_gc/include -I../mps_gc/code -I../runtime
-I../library -I../library/ -I../browser -g -DMR_NO_BACKWARDS_COMPAT
-DMERCURY_CONF_BOOTSTRAP_H -c mercury_trace_readline.c
-o mercury_trace_readline.o
mercury_trace_readline.c:27:35: readline/readline.h: No such file or directory
mercury_trace_readline.c:37:34: readline/history.h: No such file or directory

So I can probabley add an EXTRA_MCFLAGS with "-I/sw/include" in the
Mmake.browser.params, but surely the correct thing is for the configure
script to preserve the values of these variables, since these are used
when testing for readline in the configure script, they should be used as
build options throughout the entire build process.

Cheers,
Michael